Yogistar & Environment
As a yogic company with a sense of responsibility and environmental awareness, Yogistar is naturally committed to sustainability, environmental protection and social justice.
Sustainability Products made from renewable raw materials:
Many of our products are made from ecologically safe and renewable, natural raw materials, first and foremost our bestseller, the yogimat® sun yoga mat. We also offer yoga blocks made from natural cork and bamboo, organic virgin wool mats, belts made from jute and cotton, and our popular yoga mat cleaner comes in eco-packaging - the bottle (without cap) is free of petroleum.
Our sustainability stars
- Go straight to natural yoga mats here.
We offer natural yoga blocks made of cork or bamboo in various designs:
- Discover the yogiblock cork basic / big / superbig
- or the yogiblock cork pro
- Find out about the yogiblock bamboo
Of course you will also find all kinds of yogawear made from organic cotton in our online shop.
Meditation & Relaxation:
- Discover bolsters and meditation cushions with cotton covers and organic spelt filling
- Natural meditation accessories also include meditation stools made from local wood and yoga blankets made from pleasant bamboo cellulose viscose.
- Click here for our ecological cleaners.
PS: A large part of our range also bears the OEKO TEX 100 seal.
We use packaging several times over:
All our parcels are packed carefully and mindfully by our competent team. We make a point of reusing cardboard packaging. We recycle cardboard boxes that have already been used on site to make filling material for new parcels. In addition, we always strive to generate as little waste as possible. For some time now, we have been gradually replacing film with packing silk, i.e. paper.
We have been shipping climate-neutrally since 2008:
We ship our parcels 100% CO2-neutral, because climate protection is close to our hearts! We have been shipping throughout Germany with DHL GoGreen since 2008. As part of DHL's environmental protection programme, the greenhouse gases produced during transport are offset by climate protection projects.
We plant trees with you. By planting trees in Thailand and Africa, we are promoting forward-looking climate work.
For every yoga mat sold, we plant a tree.
In cooperation with Trees for the Future, we plant a tree for every Yogistar yoga mat sold. A contribution to environmental protection and social justice.
We also support the Mindfulness Project in Khon Kaen Province in the Northeast region of Thailand in their efforts to reforest. 200 trees have already been planted there in loving and caring manual labour on our behalf.
With every purchase you support great social projects:
- It is natural for us to give something back to society from what we receive from you. We are therefore happy to support various social projects with a yogic connection. For example, PROJEKT YOGA e. V., a non-profit organisation from Hamburg that has made it its mission to offer yoga and meditation for ALL people and, among other things, offers free yoga classes for unaccompanied minor refugees.
- Zwischen 2015 und 2019 unterstützten wir mit Freude die Arbeit der Shanti Ananda Nature Concept School sowohl durch Geld- als auch durch Sachspenden, die durch den Kauf der YOGISTAR-Produkte ermöglicht werden. In dieser Zeit haben wir die Schule mit Yogamatten aus unserem Sortiment ausgestattet, die Spielgeräte des ersten und einzigen Spielplatzes in Mudigubba finanziert sowie den Bau und die Ausgestaltung einer Vielzweckhalle für Versammlungen, kulturelle Veranstaltungen und für den Yogaunterricht ermöglicht.
- In 2019, we have started to support the Indian Gaiatreeschool Foundation in their educational development work in Odisha, in eastern India. Together, we are implementing yoga camps at schools in the Cuttack region of India, as well as a "Yoga Instructor" training for local teaching staff. In Germany, the Indian foundation is represented by the association Gaiatreeschool e.V., whose declared main purpose is to promote and spread yoga.